Love, Life, Cooking, Crafts, and Everything in Between :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sunday Brunch: Fluffy Pancakes

Sunday's are perfect for relaxing with a late brunch. That is exactly what the hubby and I did this past weekend. I found a simple recipe for pancakes on allrecipes.com. I was curious to see how the pancakes would turn out because they had one very suspicious ingredient (white vinegar), but they ended up being delicious!

They original recipe (on the website) makes 4 servings. I reduced the recipe to make 3 servings; though I truly could have upped it to four servings to feed the two of us.

Ingredients (for 3 servings):

  • 1/2 cup and 1 Tbl milk
  • 1 Tbl and 1-1/2 tsp white vinegar
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbl and 1-1/2 tsp white sugar
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 egg
  • 1 Tbl and 1-1/2 tsp butter, melted
  • Cooking Spray (**I cooked the pancakes in our non-stick skillet and thus did not use any cooking spray. It worked perfectly.)
Directions:
  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. 
  3. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. 
  4. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
  5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.


These pancakes were the last of the batter...hence their tiny stature!

 
These pancakes (as I said before) were delicious! They were light and fluffy, and they are both quick and easy to make. I would highly recommend them!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Your dad and sister like them with chocolate chips added to the batter and I like blueberries, bananas and walnuts.Nice job Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them that way too! Actually, after I finished cooking them, Ryan said, "I'm surprised you didn't put chocolate chips in yours!" Somehow the thought totally escaped me. lol Next time! :)

      Delete