I love cinnamon sugar pretzels. It is very difficult for me to walk past an Auntie Anne's and not buy some! I found a remedy. I recently found this on Pinterest. It looked super simple and super delicious! (I was right!) The original recipe called for Texas size Rhodes rolls but I substituted in Walmart brand buttermilk rolls. Here goes...
Makes enough for 2 people to have a generous snack. :)
Ingredients (base pretzels):
1 pkg Walmart buttermilk biscuits
2 Tbl spoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rip biscuits in half and form into balls. Place onto plate.
3. Boil a pan of water.
4. Gently toss dough balls into boiling water for about 45 seconds.
5. Use slotted spoon to remove puffed up dough balls from water.
6. Place onto a pan lined with a dish towel and paper towels over that. Let cool.
7. Place cooled balls onto greased pan. And place in oven.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
**Make cinnamon sugar mixture to taste (LOTS of sugar--not a ton of cinnamon...apprx 1/2 cup of sugar to 2 tsps cinnamon).
**Make Parmesan/garlic/Sea Salt mixture to taste (LOTS of Parmesan cheese--some garlic powder and sea salt).
9. Brush melted butter over baked bites.
10. Roll bites into either cinnamon or Parmesan mixture.
I do recommend making a dip for the cinnamon sugar bites (what can I say, I'm a sugar addict!).
1 Tbl melted butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Mix together.
2. Dip bites and enjoy! :)