Love, Life, Cooking, Crafts, and Everything in Between :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Summers

It is October 23rd...just 8 days before Halloween. It's supposed to be cold by Halloween! I was raised in New England, a place where kids had to pick costumes that would fit over layers and layers of winter clothing and coats...and you would STILL freeze! Today the temperature got up past 80 degrees! Instead of wearing layers and winter-y clothing, I wore a dress. The dress was thrifted. I cinched it with a belt (Loft), and wore red flats (Target). In the pictures you can see I started out by stomping down the grass so you could see my flats. Enjoy! :) (Pictures were taken by my sweet hubby!)




How are we supposed to switch out our summer clothing with our winter clothing if the weather remains above 60?? ....I have to admit though....I kind of love it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree! It's somewhat nice to wear summer clothes late into fall... but we really miss out on chunky scarves and boots! I love your dress, I can't believe it's thrifted!

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I love fall/winter clothing! I hope I get to wear it soon. :)

      Thanks! We have a few really great thrift shops in town! I love thrifting! :)

      Thanks for checking out my blog! I checked out yours. I love your style! I'm now following you! :)

      Nikki :)

      Delete