I bought a mini (8 inch) loaf of french bread.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Just under 1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Basil pesto (above)
- French bread, sliced in half
- Grilled chicken breast slices
- Smoked provolone cheese
- Grill the chicken slices in a little bit of EVOO.
- Spread the basil pesto on both halves of the french bread.
- Put grilled chicken slices on the bottom half of the french bread.
- Cover with three slices of smoked provolone cheese.
- Close the sandwich.
- Butter the outer edges of both top and bottom of the sandwich.
- Place sandwich top down on the frying pan and firmly press the panini press down on top of the sandwich.
- Cook until underside is light golden brown.
- Flip sandwich over and again firmly press panini press on the sandwich.
- Cook until light golden brown.
- Remove panini from pan.
- Cut panini in half.
- Serve and enjoy!!
|Add Grilled Chicken Slices|
|Add Smoked Provolone|
|Bottom Golden Brown|
|Top Golden Brown|
|Delicious finished product!|
P.S. I now have over 1,000 views!! Thanks for checking out my blog! :) I'd love for ya'll to say hello! :)