Love, Life, Cooking, Crafts, and Everything in Between :)

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicken Basil Pesto Panini

Tonight I decided to cook up a little something different for the hubby and me. For some reason I was craving a panini. I love paninis. I'm not sure why...I think it's the grilled sandwich aspect. Anyway, I decided that I would attempt to whip up some sort of chicken basil pesto panini. I figured it couldn't be that difficult. I was right. I had fun and my paninis were a hit! :) Ryan and I both loved them! They were delicious! :) Here's what I did to make just enough for the two of us....

I bought a mini (8 inch) loaf of french bread.

Basil Pesto

  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • Just under 1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  • 1 small garlic clove, minced
  • Pinch  of salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
I blended the above ingredients in my mini magic bullet.

Panini

  • Basil pesto (above)
  • French bread, sliced in half
  • Grilled chicken breast slices
  • Smoked provolone cheese
  • Butter
  • EVOO
  1. Grill the chicken slices in a little bit of EVOO.
  2. Spread the basil pesto on both halves of the french bread. 
  3. Put grilled chicken slices on the bottom half of the french bread.
  4. Cover with three slices of smoked provolone cheese. 
  5. Close the sandwich. 
  6. Butter the outer edges of both top and bottom of the sandwich.
  7. Place sandwich top down on the frying pan and firmly press the panini press down on top of the sandwich.
  8. Cook until underside is light golden brown.
  9. Flip sandwich over and again firmly press panini press on the sandwich. 
  10. Cook until light golden brown. 
  11. Remove panini from pan. 
  12. Cut panini in half. 
  13. Serve and enjoy!!
Here are a few pictures of the process! :)
Add Grilled Chicken Slices
Add Smoked Provolone
Press Firmly
Panini Press
Bottom Golden Brown
Top Golden Brown
Delicious finished product!



P.S. I now have over 1,000 views!! Thanks for checking out my blog! :) I'd love for ya'll to say hello! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment