I want to start with a picture of my final product:
Anywho....here is the recipe for one loaf!
Ingredients for bread:
- 3/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for glaze (I made the full amount of glaze recommended for 4 mini loaves in case I wanted more...you could truly 1/2 this as well if you please):
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and cooled chocolate; mix well.
5. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
6. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
7. Spoon into greased bread pan.
8. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks.
10. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and butter in a small heavy saucepan; stir in cream.
11. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt.
12. Drizzle over warm breads. Cool completely.