Love, Life, Cooking, Crafts, and Everything in Between :)

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sweater Layers

Today I found inspiration from Pinterest. I recently pinned this image:
http://pinterest.com/pin/267471665340771269/
via Pinterest
Unfortunately, I do not have a pattern-filled, chunky sweater like the one above, but I DO have a chunky charcoal sweater (thrifted-AE), so I switched the combo around a little. I wore a white tee (JCrew), and a green plaid button up (thrifted-GAP) under the charcoal sweater. I also wore black skinnies (thrifted), and brown leather riding boots (Franco Fortini). I wish I had thrown on a necklace or belted it, and worn a vneck tee instead of a crew neck. Oh well, c'est la vie. :)


Let's talk about leather boots for a moment. Please, consider leather boots a splurge item. I am not saying that anyone should irresponsibly drop money that they cannot afford on a pair of boots, but I am saying that if you can afford it, they are worth investing in. You can see a visible difference between fake leather and real leather, and a real difference in the way the boots will wear. Buy a pair of $60 (or less) boots and you will need to buy another pair in a year or two. Buy a nice pair of leather boots (typically $100+) and they will last for years to come. I highly recommend these Franco Fortini boots. I LOVE mine! They are great! :)

What do you think? Should nice riding boots be an investment?

No comments:

Post a Comment