Love, Life, Cooking, Crafts, and Everything in Between :)

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pudding Parfait

This weekend the hubby and I had a couple of friends over for dinner and dessert! It was so fun just sitting, relaxing, and catching up with the M's. It took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to make for dessert. I would run ideas past Ryan and he didn't seem overly thrilled about most of them. He can be a little picky and is like me in the sense that he has to be in the mood for certain foods. Eventually I decided to make mini cannolis. Yum! I was super excited...until I talked with my mom about the recipe I chose. Ultimately, I changed my mind and decided to make some chocolate pudding parfaits. They were super simple and super yummy!

I used JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (follow the directions on the package). I then took 1/2 of the pudding and folded Cool Whip into it.  I took 4 wine glasses out and dusted the bottom of the glasses with crushed Oreo's. I then layered pudding, pudding/Cool Whip mix, pudding, and pudding Cool Whip mix on top of the bottom layer of crushed Oreo's. I topped them off with a dollop of Cool Whip and garnished it with more crushed Oreo's. Yum!
Do you have a go-to dessert for when friends come over? I don't but I am always open to new ideas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment